Thursday, September 30, 2010

What happened to the loincloth?

     I've been watching your species for a long time. I've watched you wear nothing but fur to keep yourselves warm, and metal to protect yourselves in battle. Centuries pass, cultures evolve and clothing serves different functions.

     So where was I when you people developed 'fashion'? Since my arrival here I've been bombarded with names, labels, and styles in various shapes and colors. I can't believe how you humans took a practical thing like clothing and turned it into 'a statement'! I thought a statement was a verbal thing, not a piece of cloth!

     You still wear metal, but now it's decorative, and you call it jewelry or accessories. (Though I'll admit, it's pretty and shiny, and I'm addicted to owning as much of it as I can)
    
And is there really a difference between things like a brazilian bikini and a thong? Neither one covers your bum.

     Personally, I'd rather be naked, but apparently I can be arrested for that. What if I cover my behind with an orange hankerchief? Can I call that fashion?

4 comments:

  1. The title of this blog had me laughing so hard it hurt my already sore tummy muscles!

    I'm not sure if you could call it fashionable, but you'd certainly be making a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. It's true. I swear human clothing choices were easier to understand when you people wore nothing BUT fur!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you'd rather be naked in a Canadian winter, Thoeba. But you know, I kind of miss the loincloth too :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm....

    I've heard of these Canadian winters. No doubt I will be blogging about it. I hear it's very pretty! ....Why is everyone snickering?

    ReplyDelete