Thursday, August 18, 2011

Humans on the edge...er, Fringe


Some humans work. Some have hobbies. Others wrap themselves in plastic wrap and time how long it takes them to get out.
Thus, I attended my first Fringe festival in Edmonton. What is wrong with these people? I saw one woman who sprayed herself with silver paint and posed to Lady Gaga songs. Another did aerobatics with long ribbons suspended from a rickety contraption high in the air. Worse yet, another man jabbed meathooks into his face.
This passes for entertainment on your planet?
And what possesses a person to do this for small change? How does one decide to evolve into a weirdo? Why do I want to watch?
That's it. It's official. I am now as crazy as the rest of you. Maybe I'll take up hang gliding to fit in and learn to fly again. Apparently risking my life and limb is no stranger than SOME people's pastimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment