Thursday, December 11, 2014

Glass is Half Full on a Slant.




When I was a little blonde kid, someone told me the sun was round, like a ball. I didn't believe them. They told me I couldn't see it because the sun was too bright. I tried to look anyway. More than once. Did I mention my blondeness?

Years later, I discovered I did permanent damage to my right retina. I burned it, but I lucky me, I had 18/20 vision. The optometrist told me my eyes were pretty good, but eventually the left eye would eventually feel the strain of having to compensate for it. Probably in my forties. Then she looked at me with a straight face and told me to "Keep an eye on it."

As a writer who spends most of her time staring at a computer, and has family genetics riddled with various eye ailments that include cataracts, glaucoma and complications from diabetes, I decided it was time to go get my eyes checked. I've also decided I must be adopted because my eyes are great. I only have sun damage. (Knocks on my wooden desk.) So now I have glasses to correct that weak right retina.

I also have a REALLY slanted view. As in, everything is leaning down to the right. It's been fun. I'm always stumbling down hill, it seems, and I have to fight the urge to straighten the angle of my desk. The really funny part is how I swear my hearing has improved. My headphones are the same, on the same volume, but now I'm hearing percussion and lyrics I've never heard before. Go figure.

My fellow author, Jay Mims thinks I may be becoming...DAREDEVIL!



Speaking of Mimsey...He has a brand new release called "Racing the Storm." Congratulations buddy!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154897423165072&set=a.10150421797875072.627641.502125071&type=1&theater

I got a chance to read the beta version, and I loved it! You should check it out!

2 comments:

  1. LOL Glasses that improve your hearing. Writing prompt? You could do something funny with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that's an idea! I already have a wacky theory about it. Maybe I can use that. Thanks Kathy!

      Delete